Vacancy: Project management assistant
Would you like to be the spider in the web, ensuring the smooth operation of a major development project active in eight countries? The CDAIS, Capacity Development for Agricultural Innovation Systems, project is hiring a half-time management assistant based in Montpellier.
If you have excellent IT skills, master English and French and have experience with office management – then you can play a vital role in a global team that is motivated to achieve food security and improve nutrition globally.
The project management assistant is responsible for most administrative aspects of the CDAIS project and for the smooth running of its small office in Montpellier.
The post reports directly to the CDAIS Project Coordinator. The successful candidate will work closely with the project’s coordination team, and will be in regular contact with all key persons in the project and a number of external providers.
- First point of contact for emails, phone calls and physical visits to the project management office
- Assist in the collation of country reports, studies, documentation and other information for easy access by CDAIS team, national partners as well as donor
- Support the maintenance and update of CDAIS’ public website
- Responsible for logistical arrangements of global CDAIS meetings
- Maintain database of potential and existing CDAIS partners and contacts at country and global level
- Liaise with external providers and assist the project staff with the office logistics where necessary
- Support the maintenance and update of the CDAIS community project management system
- Excellent ICT skills
- Experience with project management systems and wiki (preferably Confluence)
- Experience with office management
- Result oriented, pro-active and independent person with outstanding organization and communication skills
- Full professional proficiency in French and English (written and oral). Knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage
- Intercultural sensitive and able to work in an international setting
- Experience in or knowledge of international agriculture research or the development sector
- Experience with content management systems (preferably WordPress) would be an asset
CDAIS is a global project promoting agricultural innovation to improve rural livelihoods. The project operates in eight countries, in Africa, Asia and Central America, where it brings together key partners and actors. CDAIS is a partnership developed and implemented by Agrinatura and FAO, and is supported by the European Union. See more at www.cdais.net .
What we offer
- The position is available from 15 March 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter, with an initial renewable appointment for 1 year.
- The position is not expected to continue beyond the project lifetime, which terminates end 2018.
- An annual salary in line with the non-profit development sector based in Europe including benefit package.
How to apply
Send your motivation letter (max 1 page) along with your CV – in English or French – to icra-Montpellier@icra-edu.org before 13 February 2017.
Interviews are scheduled for 27 February – 3 March 2017.